About the Wiki
This is a wiki is inspired by the concept of an exobrain as well as longtermism .
It’s built using hugo but it’s source is intended to be easily readable by being completely backed by markdown. As such, hugo syntax that is not supported by common mark (such as shortcodes ) are used sparingly. This means that this wiki could be viewed on Github , or as an mdbook , or with tool in the future that supports markdown.
The code for this wiki lives in a Github repository ( bennetthardwick/website ) and is free to be forked, copied or stolen. At the bottom of each page is an “edit on Github” link in case you want to fix anything up.
How To Use
- internal links have square brackets, nested references, linked references, referenced paragraphs get highlighted
This hugo theme has several features which aid the wiki:
- bidirectional linking
- this is in the form of the “Linked references” section that appears at the bottom of the page
- sections with “Nested references” link to their children and their children to the parents
- references are highlighted when jumping
- pre-rendering pages on hover
- this makes navigation feel almost instant, see fast-link-loading
- resolve markdown links
- this hasn’t been done yet, but once done will allow you to quickly jump to arbitrary pages